It is a species that has become very fashionable today, with a tropical appearance that withstands both the sun and cold temperatures very well, it can even withstand some frost. Very beautiful palm endemic to Australia, with a ringed trunk and pinnate leaves (where the leaflets are arranged along its central axis), bright green. Its inflorescence comes with both female and male yellow flowers, in turn giving reddish fruits. This palm tree is perfect both to have it outside, in a small garden or even indoors. It is a very versatile palm tree.
Archontophoenix Alexandrae 3 logs
Total height with pot 1.8 meters approximately.
- We have different sizes consult.
The cost of transportation depends on the province or country.
This palm tree is also known by the common name of "Palma Alejandra", it is endemic to Australia, more precisely to the jungles of Queensland. It can reach 25 meters in height. It is characterized by a ringed trunk, very aesthetic and slender, being one of the easiest palms to maintain, fast growing that can even withstand some frosts. Its leaves are pinnate and can measure between 3 and 4 meters long, being those of an intense green color. Its inflorescence is located between the leaves from which the yellow female and male flowers grow, with reddish fruits. It is a palm tree that we can have both inside and out. In the first case, it is necessary to provide a place where the palm tree receives both sun and shade. In the second, we can place it in a well drained pot, keeping it in a well-lit environment. Its minimum temperature is 4 degrees below zero.
CARE FOR YOUR PALM TREES
Las Palmeras can be had both indoors and outdoors. There are varieties that are better adapted to the outdoors or garden, and there are others better adapted to live indoors and in pots.
- Plants in general prefer places with direct light or that have good lighting, it will always be preferable next to a window, on a balcony or on a terrace.
- It is essential that they have good drainage, both in soil and in pot. It is advisable to put a layer of engraving on the bottom of the pot.
- The ideal substrate for palm trees has to be rich in organic matter, a good worm humus.
- Irrigation has to be every 3 or 4 days, before making sure that the substrate is dry, excess water is not good.
- There are palm trees that prefer direct sun and others prefer more shady areas, it is also very important to take into account the climate of the place where you live, there are palm trees well adapted to low temperatures and other palm trees that prefer warmer climates.
- It is essential that they have good drainage, both in soil and in pot. Water puddles are not good for plants in general.
- The ideal substrate for palm trees has to be rich in organic matter, a good worm humus, Compost or Manure would be enough.
- Irrigation, as the palm tree is on the ground and being more intense than in a pot, it can be one watering a week.
- A preventive treatment against diseases with repeated spraying 3 or 4 times a year allows to keep some species of palm trees safe from possible pests.
You might also like