This palm tree, commonly called "Palmera Canaria", is a very attractive palm tree distinguished by the width of its trunk, which gives it personality and contrast with the intense green of the palm trees. It is a palm tree that likes the coastal area and is large and can reach 20 meters.
35 liter jar
The cost of transportation depends on the province or country.
CANARY ISLAND DATE PALM
The Phoenix Canariensis, also known as “Canary Island Date Palm”. It is characterized by having a single trunk, quite thick, and this palm can reach up to 20 meters in height, with a trunk diameter of 80 centimeters. The palm or palm leaf can reach 6 meters long, with an intense green color that contrasts with the color of the trunk. The base of these palms has thorns.
It is a palm tree that prefers to be found in coastal areas, with a warm climate, being able to resist down to -5 ° C. It is very resistant adapting to very different climates and soils, even being poor in organic matter and resistant to drought, as well as wind del mar Sale in lumps in summer and if it is potted at any time of the year.
CARE FOR YOUR PALM TREES
Las Palmeras can be had both indoors and outdoors. There are varieties that are better adapted to the outdoors or garden, and there are others better adapted to live indoors and in pots.
- Plants in general prefer places with direct light or that have good lighting, it will always be preferable next to a window, on a balcony or on a terrace.
- It is essential that they have good drainage, both in soil and in pot. It is advisable to put a layer of engraving on the bottom of the pot.
- The ideal substrate for palm trees has to be rich in organic matter, a good worm humus.
- Irrigation has to be every 3 or 4 days, before making sure that the substrate is dry, excess water is not good.
- There are palm trees that prefer direct sun and others prefer more shady areas, it is also very important to take into account the climate of the place where you live, there are palm trees well adapted to low temperatures and other palm trees that prefer warmer climates.
- It is essential that they have good drainage, both in soil and in pot. Water puddles are not good for plants in general.
- The ideal substrate for palm trees has to be rich in organic matter, a good worm humus, Compost or Manure would be enough.
- Irrigation, as the palm tree is on the ground and being more intense than in a pot, it can be one watering a week.
- A preventive treatment against diseases with repeated spraying 3 or 4 times a year allows to keep some species of palm trees safe from possible pests.
You might also like