This succulent, also known as “Maguey Dragon”, comes from Mexico and the southwestern United States. It has a striking green color with a smooth and curved trunk and its rosette shape covered with thorns makes it a very decorative plant within the Agavaceae family.
The cost of transportation depends on the province or country.
ORIGIN AND CHARACTERISTICS
This succulent belongs to the Agavaceae family, and its origin is between Mexico and the Southwest of the United States. The common name by which we know it is "Maguey del dragon or Maguey swan neck".
It grows up to a meter in height and has a striking bluish-green color, it has no thorns and its trunk is smooth and curved, with ramifications. It has a rosette shape with the end of the pointed leaves, these are wide, they usually grow about 60 cm long and 12-15 cm wide.
Agaves require a semi-dry climate, slow growing, they take about 7 to 9 years to reach maturity. Flowering occurs only once in the life of the Attenuata.
Flowering produces a vertical spike where yellow flowers grow and will leave scattered seeds. After flowering, they do not die like others of the same species, but have a long life, lasting from 30 to 100 years. Flowering can take about 10 years.
DECORATION OF ... EXTERIOR OR INTERIOR?
It is a very decorative agave, perfect for the garden, requires very little care and is a plant that, well cared for, can accompany you throughout your life, as it is very long-lived.
We can also have it at home, just a pot packed to suit you with holes in the bottom so that the plant drains properly.
CARE FOR CACTUS AND SUCCULENTS
They are showy plants, very pretty and that practically do not need much maintenance.
- They prefer places with direct light or that have good lighting, preferably next to a window, on a balcony, a terrace or in your Garden.
- They can withstand low temperatures, around 5ºC.
- It is essential that they have good drainage, both in the soil and in a pot.
- The ideal substrate for cacti has to be combined with sand and gravel, so that they have good drainage, humidity and excess water are not good.
- Irrigation does not have to be excessive. From spring to autumn, which would be its growth period, water every 15 days, abundant watering and wait until the soil is very dry again. In winter do not water or give one watering per month.
- Fertilizer. During the growing season (spring - autumn) you can fertilize them with worm humus. Eggshells are a good homemade fertilizer, they contain (Calcium, Iron, Potassium, magnesium and Phosphorus) these nutrients are very important and favor their growth, you must crush and mix them with the substrate, administer them a couple of times a year.
- Treatment against fungi due to excess humidity, disinfect the area with a copper-based fungicide.
- If you want to transplant them from the pot or the ground, the best time would be from spring.
And don't forget that to work with cacti you have to wear good gloves.
You might also like
Yucca elephantipePrice €121.00
Yucca RostrataPrice €132.00
Agave potatorumPrice €88.00